DreamBox DM 500S
Released January, 2010
The Pros:Very good value, can be found for lower than MSRP. External 12V adapter conserves space. Facilitates filesharing with multiple other computers.
The Cons:Can be difficult to setup. Requires a great deal of knowledge or expertise of media sharing initially.
The Dreambox 500-S is a Linux open-source powered FTA satellite receiver. With the latest firmware provided, you get extending functionality to receive all satellite channels wide open.
- 250 MHz PowerPC Processor (350 Mips)
- Linux Operating System
- 1 x Smartcard-Reader
- MPEG2 Hardware decoding
- available tuner DM500: DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T
- available tuner DM500+: DVB-S
- V.24/RS232 Interface
- 10/100Mbit compatible Ethernet Interface
- 2 LED status
- unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio
- channel-change time < 1 second
- full automatic service scan
- supports directly bouquet-lists
- supports EPG (electronic program guide)
- supports own videotext
- supports multiple LNB-Switching control (DiSEqC)
- fully adaptable OSD in many languages and skin-support
- S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
- 1 x Scart-interfaces
- Size (W x D x H): 195 mm x 130 mm x 40 mm
- Weight: 0,6 kg
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
User Reviews (2)
Very good value, can be found for lower than MSRP
External 12V adapter conserves space
Facilitates filesharing with multiple other computers
Helpful customer service in relation to this product
Can be difficult to setup
Requires a great deal of knowledge or expertise of media sharing initially
You may also like...