Released June, 2009
The Pros:Highly expandable with additional devices. Large 3.5" colour display. Easy to use controls with touchpad.
The Cons:Very expensive. Uses large and distracting touchpad instead of larger, more attractive touchscreen. 2.4GHz 802.11b/g - prone to interference from other household items on the same frequency range.
The Yamaha MCX-ZP2A is a MusicCAST2 Zone Pack that gives you an instant wireless audio network in two rooms, which can be expanded to more rooms if wanted. The WiFi certified MusicCAST2 system lets you enjoy all your music from all sources in any room in your house using your existing WiFi connection for up to 32 network media players/receivers and up to 16 PCs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This zone pack consists of one Yamaha MCX-RC100 Network Music Commander and two Yamaha MCX-A300 amplified network music players. The MCX-RC100 has a 3.5" full-color display and touch-pad controller which lets you easily choose any room and control the music playing throughout your entire home. The MCX-A300 has a built in amplifer, so setup is as simple as plugging in two speakers, powering up the unit and putting it into "setup mode", then the MusicCAST2 system will wirelessly connect the device over your existing WiFi network giving you access to your full music library in less than three minutes.
The system can access all the music on your home network, as well as content on USB flash drives and has optional iPod and Bluetooth connectivity. Since the system uses your WiFi system, it also gives you access to internet radio and the Rhapsody digital music service which lets you listen to whatever music you want for a small monthly fee.
- 3.5" full-color display
- Interactive touch pad
- Simple menus with easy-to-use GUI
- Full color album art display
- Full 2 way metadata communication
- 1 Commander controls up to 32 zones
- Support of Yamaha Network AV receivers (RX-Z7, RX-V3900)
- Compact size and light weight
- Play any available network music content
- Support music stored on USB flash drives
- Alarm clock feature
- Control buttons on top for easy access
- Subwoofer output for added bass
- iPod/Bluetooth compatibility via optional accessories
- Built-in amplifier
- Music Selection Option: Artist/album/genre/track name/composer/playlist/direct type search
- Album Art Display (PC contents/ docked iPod/Rhapsody®/MP3 metadata)
- Movement Sensor
- Control Range: WiFi range (with diversity antenna)
- Party Mode (Up to 3 zones)
- Equalizer Tone controls (bass and treble)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5-7/9" x 3-9/16" x 5/8"
- Weight: 6.1 oz.
- Amplification: Built-in
- MCX-RC100 Required
- Wireless Capability (802.11b/g)
- Ethernet Connection (10/100)
- Network Setup: WiFi - all Music Players can be wireless using WPS easy WiFi setup
- Music Player Capacity: Up to 32 per system
- PC Capacity: Up to 16 per system
- Party Mode (up to 3 Network Music Players)
- Tone Control
- Alarm Function
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Audio Output: L/R Speaker Outputs
- Subwoofer Output
- Dock Port (For YDS-11/YBA-10)
- USB Input
- Internet Content Internet Radio (over 10,000 stations)
- Rhapsody (30 day free trial)
- Local Area Network (LAN) Content: PC/Mac, NAS Drive, DLNA Server
- Access to PC/Mac iTunes Library (Twonky Software bundled with MCX-RC100)
- iPod Music (w/ optional YDS-11)
- Bluetooth (A2DP) Audio (w/ optional YBA-10)
- Product Dimension (W x H x D): 5–7/8" x 1–7/8" x 5–7/8"
- Product Weight: 15.9 oz.
- Shipping Dimension (W x H x D): 20" x 9–1/2" x 15–1/8"
- Shipping Weight: 13.2 lbs.
User Reviews (1)
highly expandable with additional devices
large 3.5" colour display
easy to use controls with touchpad
compact and lightweight controller
supports a wide variety of audio formats including the most important lossless formats
receiver units allow for use without additional audio equipment (built-in DACs and amplifiers)
iPod and Bluetooth compatible (requires addons)
uses large and distracting touchpad instead of larger, more attractive touchscreen
2.4GHz 802.11b/g - prone to interference from other household items on the same frequency range
does not support Apple lossless
poor choice if you prefer / already own quality amplification and DACs
You may also like...